James L. Slater, Attorney at Law
A lawyer with more than 30 years of experience in Florida courts
Our attorney, James L. Slater, has more than three decades of experience in the practice of law. A graduate of Stetson University School of Law, he was admitted in 1981 and began his career as a State’s Attorney. During his time as a prosecutor, he tried more than 150 cases, developing a fearsome reputation for his in-court style.
An attorney dedicated to family law, personal injury and divorce
After founding his own law practice in 1985, he has devoted himself to representing clients in all sorts of family law matters, ranging from divorce to child support to grandparent’s rights. He also uses his extensive trial experience to work with accident victims and those charged with a crime in Florida courts. He is a veteran of the court system in Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.
Contact us to find out more about the services we offer
James L. Slater, Attorney at Law works with clients in a wide range of cases. Our law practice is dedicated to helping people with their legal matters, whether they involve divorce, injury or a criminal action. We offer a convenient location and flexible hours to suit your needs. Contact us at 727.787.7773 or online to schedule an appointment.
- Florida, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- U.S. District Court, District of Florida
- Florida District Court of Appeals
- J.D., Stetson University School of Law, 1981
- B.A., Political Science, University of South Florida, 1978
Professional affiliations and memberships
- Clearwater Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association
- The Canakaris American Inns of Court, Pinellas, Pasco and Hillsborough counties